We participate in a number of activities at a homeschool support center Home Education Partnership Among the services they offer is a high school graduation ceremony. Thing1 participated this year. It was a beautiful ceremony. The graduates walked in to Pomp and Circumstance.
There were (short!) speeches.
Then each graduate did the following:
- Met their parents on stage
- Watched a 10 slide show of pictures chosen by the family. THe 11th picture was the student in cap and gown.
- The pictures played to music the student had selected and a speech recorded by the student also played.
- Then the parents gave a short speech, gave the student their diploma and switched the tassel.
- Ours was followed by a huge hug and kiss from mom
There were more speeches and the Eagle Scouts were recognized on stage. Finally the graduates filed out of the auditorium.
In the lobby were memory boards about each graduate with baby pictures and memorabilia from activities each had participated in during high school.
I couldn’t have been prouder and what a wonderful way to end 13 years of homeschooling.